It is almost that time for Oktoberfest again! With an overwhelming amount of newly released beer and great events going on this time of year, we wanted to give you a list of the top beers and events we are looking forward to, all from our VicinityBrew Software clients.
- Dogtoberfest Märzen – Flying Dog Brewery
- “Dogtoberfest Märzen is brewed with 100% imported German ingredients, it will cut spice while pulling out sweetness. Flavor notes: Full-bodied caramel sweet with a light toasted and crisp, clean finish.”
- ABV: 5.6%
- Oktoberfest – Karl Strauss Brewing Company
- “We brew this lager in tribute to the world’s biggest beer party. Vienna and Munich malts produce the deep golden color, nutty undertones, and toasted malt flavors characteristic of this renowned Bavarian beer style. Perle hops imported directly from the Hallertau region of Germany yield a smooth balanced finish. This year’s batch of Oktoberfest has arrived, and it tastes like we’re in for quite the celebration. Prost!”
- ABV: 5.0%
- Oktoberfest – Payette Brewing Company
- “Here’s our take on the classic Märzen Style Lager, for the original festival that celebrates beer – with beer. Our Oktoberfest goes well with sauerkraut, brauts and a pair of lederhosen. It has a rich body, smooth flavor and notes of sweet caramel malt that are like polka music to your mouth. So raise a glass with us and give a hearty, “Prost!””
- ABV: 5.9%
- Clawhammer Oktoberfest – Highland Brewing Company
- “Clawhammer Oktoberfest is a lightly colored, but toasty, rich and full-bodied Marzen style lager, brewed with traditional German malt and the finest noble hops. A spicy hop finish and aroma balance out the abundance of malt flavor.”
- ABV: 5.0%
- Oktoberfest – Hangar 24 Craft Brewery
- “Our fall seasonal is an ode to the brewing traditions of Germany. This amber lager is brewed in true Reinheitsgebot fashion using the finest imported German Malt, German Hops and German Yeast. Incredibly clean and balanced, this lager has a wonderful malty backbone and a hint of earthy hops. Traditionally released in early fall, this beer will make you want to stand up and sing “Ein Prosit!””
- ABV: 5.7%
- Hoss Rye Lager- Great Divide Brewing Company
- “HOSS is based on the Märzen lagers of Germany. Rich, layered malt notes, with hints of cherry and dark fruits, dominate, while the unique addition of rye imparts a slightly earthy, spicy character. Hoss finishes crisp and dry, and its brilliant red-orange color is a toast to the sunsets that make the perfect backdrop for this beer.”
- ABV: 6.2%
- Festbier – Victory Brewing Company
- “Friendship and camaraderie: the two keys to any festive event. And then there’s the beer. It should be full-bodied, yet infinitely smooth. Seductively malty, with a kiss of the hops for balance. This is our Festbier. Painstakingly crafted from German malts, decoction brewed for full flavor and carefully aged for depth of character.”
- ABV: 5.6%
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company OktoberFest 2017
- Our annual party commemorates the release of our Fall Seasonal batch of Oktoberfest and honors the traditional German celebration with a San Diego twist. Held each year in late September, the steins are overflowing, the pretzels piping hot, and lederhosen is highly encouraged. Prost!
- September 23rd, 2pm – 6pm
- Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. Figtoberfest 2017
- Celebrate Oktoberfest at Figueroa Mountain Brewing Company’s FigtoberFest featuring our FigtoberFest lager, stein specials, German food, music, contests and more. Figueroa Mountain Brewing taprooms can be found in Arroyo Grande, Santa Maria, Los Olivos, Buellton, Santa Barbara and Westlake Village in California. Free admission.
- September 23rd, 1pm – Close
- Payette Brewing Oktoberfest!
- Bring your one liter thirst, grab your lederhosens and dirndl dresses and enjoy Oktoberfest at Payette Brewing. For the second year in a row, we’re celebrating with our Oktoberfest Marzen Lager the same weekend Oktoberfest kicks off in Munich. [All ages (and dogs) welcome].
- September 16th, 12pm – 10pm
- Collective Arts Octo-berfest at the Aquarium
- Collective Arts will be celebrating Oktoberfest amongst the fishies, at Ripley’s Aquarium for their Octo-berfest! Craft Beer, food, and live music all surrounded by the beautiful delights of the aquarium!
- September 28th, 8pm
- Steamboat Springs OktoberWest
- Visit Steamboat Springs for a fabulous weekend of Oktoberfest traditions, including Rocky Mountain beer, local food specialties and festivities unique to Steamboat Springs. The weekend kicks off on Friday with the beer stroll, a pub crawl through historic downtown with stops at restaurants for beer tastings and food specials. Saturday’s event, OktoberWest at the Steamboat Mountain Village, is free to attend and listen to great live music.
- September 16th, 2pm – 6pm
- Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest
- Sierra Nevada’s Oktoberfest returns to Chico, California, and Mills River, NC to gather thousands of beer lovers to unanimously declare, “Prost like a Pro!” It’s that time of year when all of our lederhosen-clad and dirndl-sporting friends travel from far and wide to hoist a stein in celebration. Join us for a fanciful evening of Sierra Nevada festbier, feasting, costumes, dancing, raucous music, and more! Dress your best and brush up on your Chicken Dance skills!
- September 30th, 5pm – 10pm
- Victory Brewing Company Downington Fall Fest
- Join us for Downingtown FallFest on Sunday, September 24th! We’ll be serving up Doner Kebabs, Pretzels and Bratwurst to pair with Prima Pils, Festbier, Helles Lager and Victory Home Grown!
- September 24th, 11am – 4pm
We hope everyone has a fun and safe Oktoberfest 2017! Prost!
Comments are closed.